The Country Map Visualization
The Country Map visualization allows you to plot lightweight choropleth maps of your countries by province, states, or other subdivision types. It does not rely on any third-party map services but would require you to provide the ISO-3166-2 codes of your country's top-level subdivisions. Comparing to a province or state's full names, the ISO code is less ambiguous and is unique to all regions in the world.
The Country Maps visualization already ships with the maps for the following countries:
Adding a New Country
To add a new country to the list, you'd have to edit files in @superset-ui/legacy-plugin-chart-country-map.
- Generate a new GeoJSON file for your country following the guide in this Jupyter notebook.
- Edit the countries list in legacy-plugin-chart-country-map/src/countries.ts.
- Install superset-frontend dependencies:
cd superset-frontend && npm install
- Verify your countries in Superset plugins storybook:
npm run plugins:storybook.
- Build and install Superset from source code.